Diva Challenge 273 Revisited 

So I really was unhappy with my diva challenge submission this week so I decided to go through my tiles and try to get it right.  The result was interesting to say the least for several reasons. Here’s my before and after tiles:

This is a white tile with a burnt ochre watercolor wash. I started with my Sakura micron brown pen and was disappointed in the contrast but this made a perfect tile for #273. 

I have several sets of Sakura pens that I’ve never used so this ended up being a bit of an experiment. I used my set of Sakura glaze pens for the colored in sections of the aquafleur and what is supposed to be Veezy I believe. So what I learned is that the glaze Pens have a large nib I’m assuming to allow the ink to flow smoothly which it certainly does. It goes on extremely smoothly and when it dries it leaves an upraised glossy look to what’s underneath to give it a 3D look. Unfortunately this means that fine lines and drawing with them can become rather a gloppy mess so having tried those,  I really liked the dark brown aquafleur but the other was a mess! But in keeping with the Zentangle® Method  I kept working and finished the rest of it. I used a burnt ochre,  a dark brown and a terracotta prismacolor soft core pencil for shading which, as always, helped a lot. This tangle includes #opus #aquafleur #mookah #veezy and #fescue. (I’m terrible at remembering the tangle names so forgive me if I don’t list everything.) 

See everyone next week for diva challenge 274! As always you can find a link to Diva’s blog in my top menu. 

Diva Challenge #273

I completely forgot to upload my diva challenge this week, sorry to everyone who stopped by to see nothing! But diligence should be rewarded so here it is! I’m not sure I shouldn’t have left it as it was! I swear I took a picture of my tile before starting but now I can’t find it so here’s the finished product and if I can locate the before pic I will post it.  wp-1467181529703.jpg